Wednesday, September 7, 2011

First Transfer


Dear family,
  
        I am done with my first transfer and I will be staying here in Fresno in the Echo ward and I love it.  I will get my new companion tomorrow and his name is Elder Wright and he has been out only for 3 transfers so we will hopefully just have a lot of enthusiam for the work and to be obedient in all things.  My trainer, Elder Moreno, will stay around another 3 weeks to be in a triplet with us to really focus in on our spanish and then he will go home.  We still haven't had any baptisms since I have been here but we have had some interesting circumstances with other Elder's that some times slows the work a little but I really think that we will start seeing our investigators start to enter the waters of baptism as we stay obedient and diligent.  I love this work a ton and I just pray that I truly am affecting people's lives.   I know this church is true down to my very core and I love to share it with others.

          The mission is way different than I thought it would be and harder than I thought it would be but I am so greatful for it.  I feel personal growth and also see change and hope in others as we share this message.  There are people that truly feel a second chance in life through this gospel and there is nothing more I could ask to do than to share this wonderful message with everyone.

       The language is coming along super well but I still have a long way to go.  I love the spanish language and the people and the food.  I have been learning how to cook different things from members when they feed us dinner and I love it!

      I miss you all a ton but I am very greatful for all your letters and  emails.  Sarah I got your letters the other day and I just got Mom's today so I will be writing back to both of you soon.  Also I have a whole hour to email here in the field so if you want to email that is fine but the letters will be more personal obviously.  Also I don't think these computers will let me send pictures cause we are at the library so I will just send the card home and when ever you send it back is great Sarah:)  Really don't feel bad about last time cause it is not a big deal.  Also Uncle Keith I will try that challenge that you told me.  Also that is exciting that everyone is doing well at home and you get to spend so much time with your grand daughter.

        Dad, let me know how the Tennessee was and Uncle Keith told me that BYU won so that is awesome.  I bet you and mom had a great time.  I love you both so much and am more and more greatful every day for your examples for me and as a family I am so greatful for each of your examples.  I think of you and pray for you everyday and I talk about you all the time and use our family as an example in our lessons all the time.  I am so greatful that our family was sealed in the temple and that we will be together for ever.  I bear testimony and gratitude to all our investigators of this great blessing we have in our lives.  I love you so much and thank you for all you have done in raising me because you have truly shaped me to be the person I am today.

       I love you all and will stay in close contact and try to send some pictures back quickly.  The Church is true, make sure to pray and read daily, personally and as a family.  I love you all a ton.
 
-Love your son/brother/grandson/nephew/cousin/uncle/friend Elder Neeley

No comments:

Post a Comment