Monday, March 19, 2012

A Few Bumps in the Road


Dear family,
 
              Things have been difficult recently here in the mission.  Our family of 4 who are supposed to get baptized missed church again because of things that came up so now it we have to push the baptism of 2 of them back a week and we need to sit down and talk about the importance of keeping commitments and especially coming to church.  It is frustrating because they are good people and are going to get baptized but Satan is certainly working hard to keep them out of the water.  We are going to see them tomorrow and we are going to make sure they are back on track to baptism and recieving the Gift of the Holy Ghost.  As well this weekend one of our Zone Leaders needed to go to the Emergency Room (internal bleeding in the stomach) and because of scheduling difficulties I had to go with him and we were there for 6 hours.  Then on Sunday I had to stay with him again because he was still sick but atleast he was back home in his apartment and I stayed with him there.  So the work was a little slower this week but I know that as we serve as missionaries doing the best with what we have the Lord will bless us and make up for the rest.  It is always that way in all things in life, that through our best work we give all to the Lord and then through faith in Him, He makes up the rest.  I have been praying to serve more and reach out to others more and the Lord has answered my prayers in waves and buckets of service and I cannot complain cause He definetly listens.

                As for my license I can just get a CA drivers license they said and then you don't have to worry about anything but also they said that some states allow you to renew it over the internet but our Vehicle Coordinator doesn't know about PA.  Do you know if I need to fill out something to renew it or do I only need to send you a picture and you can renew it?  I think it may just be easiest if I get a CA drivers license so I will just do that and if you object for some reason then call the mission office at 559 445 1467 and Sister Mauro will answer the phone (I just called her and she did say that you as my parents can call the mission office but calling me would be the only issue haha).  She is from PA too and she is my mission mom and she takes care of me while I am here and we are all going to hang out after the mission in PA and they will come to a Steeler game with us cause I told them we have season tickets but that is besides the point!  If you have any objection to my CA divers license then call the office.

                I have stopped reading Jesus the Christ but I promise I am going to start again it is just tough to find time with all the different responsibilities and investigators to study for but I will do it.  Also I did go to Yosemite and I will be printing pictures to send so just hold tight and they will be coming!  It is super warm out here and that is awesome that you are all going to the beach and Nate is coming.  Give him a big bear hug and tell him I could take him if I were home right now haha.  That is amazing too that Ruth is SO fast.  Tell Lauren Williams or whatever her name is from Rochester to watch out.

                  I could probably get like half of the articles of faith or maybe some more but not all of them.  That is something I would really like to work on as a missionary is memorizing those because I used to have all of them in primary.  Also tell Chris Hoke and President Carter I say hi and I love them as well as everyone else.  I wrote a letter to the young men of the ward and will send it home to you and if you could take it in to them that would be great.  I also heard actually the Chris retired cause I had dinner with a guy with the last name Lawrence who is good buddies with Chris from BYU and he told me that he retired.  I try to keep up with my friends from BYU but everyone outside of Elder Koford (Jordan) is in Russia or Brazil so it is tough to keep up with them but I have heard from them.

               Well I love you all and promise that pictures will be on the way. I miss you all so much but I LOVE my mission and fear that day when it must end so I just try to not think about it.  I love to serve and will my whole life. I hope you all cherish your missions still to this day as I do now and always remember that you are all always a missionary til death and even beyond that in the world to come.  I love you so much and am so greatful for your examples to me and especially Mom and Dad for raising me to love the Lord and love obedience.  Dad please tell me about some stories from your mission in Italy.  PLEASE!!  I love you so much and keep you in my prayers.
 
-Love your son/brother/grandson/nephew/cousin/uncle/friend Elder Neeley

No comments:

Post a Comment