Thursday, June 16, 2011

Starting week 4 in the MTC

So I am on week 4 (I have been here for 3) and my teacher has now commited my district and I to only speak in spanish from here on out in the MTC.  It is pretty dificult but I know that it is helping me a ton in becoming a better spanish speaker.  I love being here and I am growing every day I feel like.  P day is awesome because we get to go to the temple and do laundry and write letters and it is very relaxing and is every missionaries favorite day.  I have taught two lessons in the TRC which is where volunteers come and pretend to be investigators of the language you are speaking and both times I taught lesson one which is about the restoration of the gospel.  This week however on saturday when we go to the TRC we will be teaching lesson 2 which is the plan of salvation in spanish so Elder Koford and I are very excited as well as very nervous but I know that we will do well.  

I am so glad to here from everyone and recieve letters from my family because I makes me very happy and brightens up my day anytime I see something from you guys.  I love the constant feel of the spirit I have in the MTC and can see my testimony grow.  I love the work and I know I need to learn spanish much better but I really just want to get out in the field.  I heard from a missionary that is also going to Fresno that our Mission President (which is Larry Gelwix who is from the Forever Strong movie about the Rugby coach) is coming the MTC on Wednesday the 22 of June and will be here for a week and there is a night when he will meet with all the missionaries that are going to Fresno in the MTC.  I am very excited for this oppurtunity.  Also I have lots of pictures that I am going to get printed out and sent home and I would send them digitaly but I don't think we can so sorry about not being able to send them in an easy and copiable manner.

This past week Aunt Linda's neice Sam has come into the MTC and I get to see her all the time because she is in my building and we have class and temple time and gym time all the same.  Also Victoria I am sorry I did not see you at the temple but give me a specific date when you will be there and I just wait outside the temple before 9 15 and I will find you if you are there.  As for Sarah I appreciate you forwarding all my emails and setting up a blog for me.  I can send the pictures to you too but I don't know if you can scan them to put them on the blog but once I get to Fresno I can send my pics digitally for sure.  Also I don't have my Fresno adress with me right now but I will send it in a letter because I do not have time to get it because I only have a half hour to write but I will send it in a letter and I appreciate what you are doing so very much and I love you a ton, and obviously I love the rest of our family a ton too!!! I am happy Eleanor is carrying on the famliy Neeley class president tradition and helping grandma (which is something all the Neeley children should be doing) and I want to say HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY to Ruthe!!! Sorry I couldn't get you a letter in time but I am sending one home today so it should be there in a few days.  Alex I also heard the "you get all the girls" haha which I'm glad for you but there better not be any girlfriends because they are trouble! Mom and Dad can tell you all about that.  I hope all is going well with Olivia and Amber and what ever sport they are in and I know that you are doing awesome!:)  That is also really cool that JoAnna and Elizabeth are coming home and that they have these jobs/phd oppurtunities lined up for them.  I hope all is going well with the whole family though.  I hear from Victoria a few times a week which is awesome and I hear from Uncle Keith and Sarah every week.  I love everyone and am always happy to hear from you personally but never feel obligated.  I am doing fine in the MTC.  I really have no complaints.  

I do miss you all a ton and especially my Mom and Dad but I know that this is the work I must do and I know it will help a lot of people in a way that cannot be exceeded by any other type of service.  I am greatful for my parents and my entire family and the example you are to me.  I love the work and I know it is blessing me and all of you.  I hope all is going well at home and I hope that you were able to get my letter I sent home to Barbara Edwards.  Tell everyone I say hi and I love them and I will talk to you all real soon.  Dad thanks for emailing me all the time and thanks for just being a wonderful father to me all my life and Mom I want to thank you for the same thing but not for being an awesome father but obviously being the best mom in the world.  Tell Margot that she should share her testimony with all her Kanine friends and keep her goals oriented towards the temple.  I think about you all, each one of you, daily and pray for each of you every night.  I am so greatful for my family and the oppurtunity we have to be together for the eternities because it keeps me going when days are hard.  I know that 2 years is nothing when I have an eternity with you so be happy I will keep in touch and I am greatful for you all.  The Church is true.

      -Love your son/brother/nephew/grandson/uncle/cousin/friend Elder Neeley

No comments:

Post a Comment