Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Thursday June 9th Letter


Dear Family,

My daily routine usually consists of 6 hours of class (3 hours at a time) and also a couple hours of personal/compainion study time and also an hour of gym time (which keeps me going a lot of times because i love it so much).  But obviously I wake up every day at 6 30 or earlier depending on exactly what is going on the next day and I go to bed at 10 30 but we plan as companions at 9 then get back to the dorm at 9 30 and just hang out as a district in my room until we all have to go to bed.  On tuesdays we do service at 6 05 in the morning until 7 20 which sounds awful but is not that bad at all.  The MTC is a lot of work I have come to realize, but it is nowhere near too much work and I think that is what is most important.  I am very greatful to Mom and Dad for the example of work they have been in my life and have instilled in me.  It makes everything so much easier hear in the MTC.  And obviously coming from a huge, outgoing family has allowed me to get along with everyone here that I meet.  It is so wonderful to be here because every young man and woman here is doing the same thing and here for the same reason and there is a very strong spirit here.  Everyone is so friendly and it is impossible to not meet new people every day.

As for  Spanish, it is going great! A mi me encanta hablando espanol!  (that means i love speaking spanish haha) but it is great and we gave our first lesson in spanish last saturday and it was the best experience I had here.  It was extremely spiritual and I know that me and Elder Koford have been working on our spanish very hard but I know that the Lord aided us in that lesson, even though it was a pretend investigator, the Spirit was there and helped us to understand and communicate with Pablo (our fake investigator).  We also have a devotional and fireside every tuesday and sunday and both are always great I have been learning so much and have come to realize that it is truly the small and simple things that bring great things to pass.  

We have been studying the Book of Mormon as a district and I have realized that a major difference between Laman and Lemuel and then Nephi is just their attitudes, which is truly a small thing, but obviously brought a great difference in their lives to pass.  I know that things as simple as my attitude as a missionary and my ability to love everyone that I teach and come in contact with will allow to make great things happen. I know that the Lord has great things in store for me and this district as missionaries and I know that we will be tools in His hands as we do the small things that he wants.  I know that this is also not true in my life as a missionary but directly applies to everyones lives at home and where ever you are.  We can all do great things but by simple acts.  We can all be missionaries but we don't have to do the large act of going in the field and devoting years of your life to it.  You can do the simple things at home for the people around you to be missionaries in your own life.

I am so happy to hear from all of you and I think I will just send one general email to everone that emails me and who ever doesn't have it, Sarah is going to forward it (if you wouldn't mind doing that for me my wonderful, darling big sister:).  I also will send a short one for mom and dad but I love all of you and appreciate your emails but in general writing is best but using the website, dearelder.com is the best thing to do.  Eleanor and Sarah both sent me a letter via that website and it is AWESOME! I get the letter the same day you send it.  It will walk you through it but if you have questions just ask Eleanor or Sarah and they can help.  Grandma I love you a ton and appreciate your email and I also appreciate your Email Eleanor and obviously Dad.  I also appreciate your letters and will respond as soon as possible.  I love you all and hope home and summer break is going well.  Know that I miss you a ton but this is where and I need to be and I love you all and can't wait to hear from you again.  You are the best family a missionary could ask for, which by the way Mom I got the care package which I LOVED!!  Thanks a ton!!! and I can only write/email back once a week so just be patient and I love you a ton mommy:)  I love you all and I know that the Lord is blessing me and all of you daily.  Be good and remember who loves you!
       
         -Hasta dos anos, with a TON of love from Elder Neeley

No comments:

Post a Comment