Sunday, August 21, 2011

August 1st, 2011: First Letter "in the Mission Field"

Hey Family!

    So the mission is the best thing in the world!!!!!!!  I love this so much and am working so stinking hard and I love it.  We are doing a ton of work and teaching a ton of lessons.  I am in a Spanish area and my trainer is straight out of Mexico City and he is the best.  He teaches me so much with spanish obviously but he is so patient and wise.  He channels my blind excitement in to powerful lessons and I am so greatful for him.  I am speaking only spanish and am able to understand enough when people talk that I can teach and actually answer questions rather than just bear testimony when my companion gives me the cue.  I still have a LONG way to go but I know that it is not a sprint and that I need to work this hard all the time and I knew that spanish would not come over night.  I love this work so much.  I have already seen it change my life.  I get worried about if I am in bed exactly at 10 30 and that is a concern for me.  It is a big deal because I need to be exactly obedient in order to really carry out the work of the Lord, but it is tiny when I think about whether I am watching good movies or listening to good music.  I never really swore but now it's like any offensive language is just out of the question.  I am not trying to boast or anyting because I am sure it comes of that way but I really am not.  I just feel as Ammon felt  when he said "I do not boast of myself but I boast in my God" becuase I know that these changes are only through His power.  


So it is not even the changes in my I want you to take notice of but I want you to see how mighty the power of God is in that He can change souls and refine His disciples in to instraments of power to execute His work and His glory.  I LOVE THIS WORK.  I know that souls will be saved because of the missionary forces and actually because of the Holy Ghost which we carry with us.  He is the teacher.  I know this Church is true and I bear a strong witness to every one that listens to us because I live it.  I don't have to hear some one else tell me or read it but I see and live this great gospel and it has changed my life in this short time and I see it working on the lives of those we teach.  The Lord lives.  He feels our pains and suffered for them.  We NEVER have to suffer because He paid the price already for our sins and sorrows we must simply call upon his grace and mercy and he will always, 100%, for certain, 10/10 times be there with open arms and mercy to spare.  This gift have been given and now we only need to recieve, and how easy is that.  Well it can't get any simpler.  I love this gospel and I love my family and I know we will be together forever through the power of the temple and the priesthood.  There is no greater blessing in my life than knowing I will be with all of you forever.  Not a day goes by that I don't think about this great blessing and testify of it to others.  


I love you all so much and appreciate all that every single one of you have taught me and the examples you all are to me.  I hope the family reunion was good and that you all enjoyed.  My Preparation Day is every monday by the way.  Uncle Keith I think email is the best way to go about mail now like you said and I am thankful for you email.  Mom and Dad I love you both so much and think about each of you as well as the rest of our family and pray for you daily.  I too will miss the times of football camp with you and will think of you but now you can build those memories with Alex as he becomes the star haha.  This is the best and I know you and mom and the rest of the family are so proud and I promis to keep it up.  I love you all so much.  We are on the Lord's team and because of that we cannot lose.

       -Love your son/brother/cousin/nephew/grandson/uncle/friend Elder Neeley

No comments:

Post a Comment