Monday, November 14, 2011

Tiny Tacos in Fresno


Dear family,
 
             Things in Fresno are fantastic!  The Romero family is going to be baptized on this coming Sunday and we are so excited for them.  Our zone in Fresno has been an under-performing zone this whole year I guess but this month we are on track for meeting our goals and possibley exceeding them.  We are super excited not because of the numbers but because we know that these are the Lord's goals and His expectations for the zone and therefore by meeting them we meeting the Lord's expectations of our work, commitment, and obedience.  The work is really moving forward and I feel and see my own testimony growing every day and my knowledge of the Gospel increase with every lesson, and opportunity to study.  The Spirit really does transform people into the sons and daughters of God that He sees them as.

             I have started reading Jesus the Christ and it is AWESOME!! I love it and in the Book of Mormon I am just starting Alma.  I have to finish the Book of Mormon by Christmas because the whole mission is finishing it by then and doing a "Moroni 10:4-5" on our selves and renewing our testimonies in the Book of Mormon.  It is so odd to me sometimes thinking about how I love to just read scriptures and Gospel literature as apposed to before in my life.  I never even liked reading and now with the Standard Works of the Church, I can't get enough.  It is really a testimony to me that it is the word of God and truly the Spirit is what has changed my heart and made me come to love and desire to read the scriptures.  It is so important that you are all doing family scripture study because that is where that desire will start in the lives of the younger kids.  It is definitely not an easy process or a over night process but it really works little by little and will change everyone's hearts to love and desire the scriptures.

              I do keep a daily journal and work very hard to atleast write about something every day.  I do miss sometimes when we have a lot of other business going on but I work very hard to write in it daily and I just about always do.  It is really helpful to remember the things and miracles I see every day but sometimes when I have a hard day it really makes me feel better some how.  It is great and I hope that the younger kids start that habit it now because there are miracles everyday in everyone's lives and I wish I would have started a journal when I was younger.

              My favorite mexican food is probably just these tiny tacos that are just tiny pieces of fried up steak, not ground beef but like steak in small pieces.  And you put salsa and celantro and onions and squeeze a lime over it and.....YUM.  I could eat and usually do eat atleast 10 when the members have them for us.  You can put other stuff too like guacamole but they are so good.  Honestly though I love all of it and there are so many good things.  There is this lady named Sister Cabada and she cooks mexican food SO good.  We always eat at her house atleast twice a month haha.  Don't worry though cause I am still not fat.  I work out still every morning minus Sundays and I play sports every Preparation day (usually basketball).

                  I am glad to hear all is well at home and that sports are going good and everyone is having success in them.  Ruthe must be super excited to work out with Coach Mckenna haha and I hope she works really hard.  It is awesome to hear that Eleanor will be starting.  I am sure that Alex and Amber and Olivia are all doing really well in their sports too.  But Grandma told me that everyone got to go to the temple this past week and all the kids did baptisms and that really just made me smile.  I am SO greatful my little brother and sisters are worthy to go to the temple and that they do.  The world really is such a dirty place and I am so incredible proud and happy that they are live worthy to go to the temple because those are not popular standards to live.  ALWAYS be worthy of the temple and always remember it is more important than any swear word that makes you seem cool, any fight that your pride tells you that you need to win, or any R rated movie your friends want to see.  The temple is not worth a friend or a girl/boy friend or anything like that.  It is the House of the Lord and is the best.

                Lastly I just would ask that you could send me out my P-coat (mom will know what that is if you don't Dad). I love you all so much and you are all such good examples to me in ever aspect of life and especially of how to be a good missionary.  I love you all a ton!  Thank you Dad for everything and your emails, they really inspire me and focus me and I love to hear from you. Grandma thanks to for yours this week, it was great to hear about the temple and how life is going.  Thank you all for your letters, prayers, support and love for me. I am trying to write back to those who send mail as fast as I can.  I love my family and know we will be together forever.
 
  -Love your son/brother/grandson/nephew/cousin/uncle/friend Elder Neeley

No comments:

Post a Comment