Monday, August 6, 2012

"Things are Well"


Dear family,
 
             Thank you for all your emails this week and also all the letters from the family down at the beach!  I appreciated them a ton and today I will not be able to write back because of a few other items of business but I hope to write back a few of you next week.  As well don't worry if you can't send letters or you haven't or you are busy or what ever.  I love to hear from you but I understand how life gets and I am always praying for you and do feel your love for me.  So don't feel like you are a bad person if you don't get a chance to write me.  I am so gald that you are all enjoying lots of time together.  It always makes me happy to hear that you all get to see eachother and spend quality time with one another.  One thing I have truly realized on my mission is the importance of family and not just a family but an eternal one and I am greatful for mine.  I love you all so much!

              I will for sure go buy a camera and just keep using my card so I don't need to buy one of those but maybe as well I will buy a piece of equipment to but the pictures right on the computer instead of sending the memory card to Sarah or hard copies to you all.  As well I will be taking care of the shoes as well so no worries.

              Also it is great to hear that all of the kids are doing lots of stuff like EFY and Youth Conference because those are the things that they need to be doing cause they certainly are not getting those wonderful messages everyday with their friends.  Keep praying as a family and reading the scriptures together and going to the temple when you can because when you look at how much bad influence in the world there truly is no time to waste.  There can't be one day where we aren't praying and reading because promise satan isn't resting and especially for the youth, they have those influences around them daily and need that spiritual refuge at home.  Don't miss out on it.  President Packer said that "the spiritual shield is made at home".  Not even in churhc or seminary but at home.  We can't just go to church every week and expect to have a lasting protection and conversion to the gospel.

              We had 3 baptisms this past week as Yobanni Cabrera(12 year old boy), Emmanuel Matadamas (which his last name means kills women, 8 year old boy) and Tania Garcia (25 year old woman) were all baptized.  Tania was baptized by her boyfriend who is a convert of a month and they are getting married next week (they don't live together).  Then in a year I hope and pray I will be able to come back from Utah and visit cause they should be getting sealed in that time!  I love them so much and truly feel a portion of the Saviour's love for them as I get the chance to teach them and guide them to the truth.  We had a lady come up to us in the store today and just tell us that she came to church and then gave us her adress and number and told us to come by so that was really awesome.  Hopefully she will get baptized as well.  We have 3 baptisms right now planned for August but there will be atleast 4 because we have some other people we are working close with who are on the edge.

              We have transfers this week and Elder DeWitt is going to Argentina on Monday and we will see what happens with me and Elder Burnett.  I have a feeling that there will be a change though.

               Things are well and we are working very hard.  I love you all so much and hope that the missionary work is going well in your lives.  I have heard a few stories of missionary work from some members of our family but I would love to hear all of your stories from each of you.
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment