Monday, July 9, 2012

Chased by a Chiwawa!


Dear family,
 
           It has been awesome to hear about your trip to Alaska and now it sounds like you are at the beach!  That sounds like a lot of fun.  Here in the mission things are going great and I am loving it. My companions and I are getting along great and we are having a blast working hard and being obedient.  My first companion, Elder Burnett does not go home until September atleast and Elder DeWitt is still waiting on his visa for Argentina so it looks like more and more that he may just be staying here which would be great for the mission but for his sake I hope he goes.  He has been a good sport about waiting and being focused on the work here in CA but I think it would really break his heart to know that Argentina is never going to come.  He is such a good missionary and is just new still but he knows just what he is doing.  We are preparing for a baptism this next Saturday and hopefully we will have one the following Saturday.  We have one scheduled but this week will determine a lot.  The one in 2 weeks is a 9 year old boy whose family needs to get on the ball so he can be active and ready for baptism.  They are all members but him and his sister who will be baptized at the same time, she is 8 years old.  Their names are Chris (the boy) and Mel.  If you could keep them in your prayers that would be wonderful.

             I think that I would consider my self good at speaking but not really fluent.  I can understand all the conversation from day to day but there are still so many areas of conversation like science or anatomy that I am still learning.  I don't think I could translate for you Dad in the hospital but for the rest of the day I could in just your everyday conversation.  I know a little in each "field" I guess you could say but I couldn't explain how to fix your car in spanish.

             I understand it being crazy all the time with vacation and what not going on and then trying to do family scripture study or prayer but I just wanted to give you a reminder about it.  I know you are all working hard but just know the Lord wants your best which is not perfection.  So if that is only 3 people at prayer cause that is all that is home then that is what we do.  I know you know this stuff but it is just something that has impressed me recently so I thought I would give the whole family a reminder.

            We were running the other day at 6 30 and a chiwawa that started chasing us and I went to punt it and it ran away.  Good times.  I am not always a morning person and that chiwawa realized that as my foot went over its head.  The rest of the run was peaceful.

             Well I love you all so much and I am really sorry that I don't write anyone ever but I have more time to email so just email if that works if not I will make the time to write but email is easier.  I keep you in my prayers and thought every day.  I hope you are all being missionaries and bringing yourselves to Christ as well as others EVERY DAY.  Love you!!! And with everyting going on I won't be extending so don't worry about it.  President would let me I think but I would need to ask him and that would mean that I have no other obligations to be home and I am pretty sure he wouldn't approve of me extending with my time schedule.  If he were to ask me out of neccesity I would extend but he has never done that since I have been here so it is pretty much I won't be extending.  I love you!
 
-Love your son/brother/grandson/nephew/cousin/uncle/friend Elder Neeley
 
P.S.  Uncle Keith I have noticed a difference since being here in the northern part of the mission in the language.  Only slightly because it has been very Americanized across the board but about 90% of the people up here are all from a certain state  of Mexico and in Fresno they were from a variety and about 40% from another different state of Mexico so it was different a little bit.  But I am sure it is nothing compared to what you experienced from country to country.

No comments:

Post a Comment