Thursday, October 18, 2012

"I love being on the Lord's errand"


Oct. 8th, 2012
Dear family,

             Things are going well here in California and things are finally starting to cool down a little.  We are working with a lot of people right now but because we had a strecht a month ago of very little finding it will be tough to get these people ready for this month to get baptized but the end of this month and november should hold lots of success.  We are working with a lot of wonderful families and people to have a desire to be baptized but just need some more preparation.  There is one 12 year old boy who wants to get baptized and he is so smart.  He just gets the Gospel and as we explain it he is like "duh, of course we need a restoration" or "of course we need to be obedient to follow Jesus Christ".  He is awesome and should be baptized at the end of this month.
               General Conference was awesome and we had 7 people come watch and they really enjoyed it.  I love all the talks and really don't know which was my favorite cause they were all so good.  I think Elder Oaks though may have been my very favorite about kids and the importance of treating and teaching them well.  I love Priesthood session too and President Monson's talk.  He follows the Spirit so well it amazes me and I try to emulate that in my mission and life.

                As far as transfers I don't think I should be transfered but I don't know really.  I will have been here for 5 and a half months at the end of this one so I don't know how it will go but I hope to stay.  I love it here and the work is going well and the members are wonderful and so missionary minded.  My companion and I get along well and we will see if we stay together.  The transfer is on halloween day the 31st but we will find out the Saturday before.

               My spelling is awful but I have been catching most of it I think but I keep spelling stuff really badly and then catch it after.  My spanish is getting better though and I just contribute it to that.  Sorry about the pictures they just didn't send so I will upload them next week and send them again.

                We see miracles every day here in the field and it is so amazing.  It is just like President Monson says about just following the Spirit and being the answer to people's prayers.  So many times we stop by and people are just at the breaking point and are about to drink or smoke or are really feeling low and need the Spirit in their lives.  It is amazing and I love being on the Lord's errand.  Doing what He wants through His Spirit is one of the best feelings cause you know you literally are doing what He would do if He were here.  I know that you can do the same in your lives and be the  blessing to those you don't even know are praying for your help.  God knows though and if we listen He will send us to answer their unspoken prayer.  I love missionary work cause all it is, is sharing my happiness with others and I pray you will all do the same.  I love you all so much and keep you all in my prayers.

-Love Elder Neeley

No comments:

Post a Comment