Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Still Loving the Work


Dear family,
 
                 We just had the baptism of Briana Padilla who is a 9 year old girl who's mother is a less active member that is coming back to church and her father is not a member.  It was a great baptism and Briana is adorable and really funny.  We have some pictures of that too so you will be able to see that.  We have another baptism coming up this Saturday of another 9 year old girl named Leslie who's cousins are all members and the whole family is going to get baptized but just like a week after because she wants her own baptism haha.  The work is going really well and there are still a lot of trials and there is literally opposition in ALL things.  It is almost like the prophets knew what they were talking about when they wrote the scriptures haha.  I love my mission so much and me and Elder Worthen are getting along really well and he is a great missionary.  He still has some things to improve on but we all do and he has improved so much since just 2 months ago coming into the mission.

                  The ward here is really working harder and improving as well and I really feel like we have been able to make a visual change for the better and it is awesome.  I love these people so much and I will never forget them.  I love this work because we actually get to feel a portion of the pure love Christ has for these people and has for each one of us.  I love you all so much and pray for you always and know that the Lord is taking care of you.  I love my mission and really never want to stop this service.  I love it!!!  I love to hear about the missionaries that you are at home and it is so awesome.  I am sure you don't realize the importance you are to the missionaries.  They probably go home and say "Wow the Neeley family is so awesome, they help us out a ton with fellowship and they have the best food!"  I know now because I am a missionary and we have those types of families that work hard with the missionaries and they are the best.

         I love you all and love to hear about all the activities that are going on.  I hope Eleanor and Ruthe's team pick it up and finish strong.  Also I am going to send back the Week's charger.  Tell them I am so sorry but it is on way!  I love you all so very much and I appreciate all you do!!
 
-Love your son/brother/grandson/nephew/cousin/uncle/friend Elder Neeley

No comments:

Post a Comment