Tuesday, January 10, 2012

District Leader


Dear Family,
 
            Things are going really well in Fresno.  We just had transfers and Elder Worthen and I are staying together but that is no surprise since the training program lasts for two transfers. I also got made district leader so I am really excited to start serving even more and in different ways.  I don't really know what I am doing but I know the Lord does so I rely on Him and know that this is what He wants.

             We are seeing a ton of success and miracles every day.  We are going to have some baptisms coming up and I know that this is truly the work of the Lord and we need to allow Him to use us as intruments, pure and refined.  I will send pictures as the baptisms come up and tell you more about them but we are very excited and I love seeing these brothers and sisters of ours grow right in front of us and find a true love for our Saviour Jesus Christ.

              I am reading Jesus the Christ and I really enjoy and learn a ton from reading that book.  Dad, I am glad that you have been making sure I got around to reading it because it is very detailed and profound in how it talks about Christ and his divine role.

              I miss you all a ton but I love this mission and serving the Lord.  I absolutely love it.  It is not always exciting or extreme success as some look at it but there is such a Spirit and confirmation of this Gospel that comes from one absolutely immersing themselves in the Lord and His will.  I can feel myself changing and I love that it is because of the Holy Ghost and the presence is constantly has as we live as very best we can.  I am so greatful for all of you because every day I see more and more that all of you, my family, have been such wonderful and awesome examples of charity, faith and obedience.  I have found these traits in myself and it is only because I have been completely surrounded by all of you who possess and are great examples of these traits.  Thank you so much for being who you are and sharing the Gospel and supporting the missionaries there at home.  You are the best family I could ask for and I have a firm testimony we will absolutely live together forever as we strive our hardest to repent daily and be like Christ in every way.

             Just to answer some questions for you Dad, it is not too cold at all here in Fresno and is starting to warm back up I think.  It still gets around the 60's in the afternoon and a little chilly at night/morning.  We still bike pretty little because our area is huge but we use them the same amount pretty much since conditions are still ok.

            I love you all so much and pray for you nightly as well and I hope all things keep going well and that especially Robbie can find a job and that everyone else is doing well in your own personal trials.  Rely on the Lord in all things and He will always guide where we need to be if we forfeit all we have including our will, to Him.  I love you all a ton!
 
-Love your son/brother/grandson/nephew/cousin/uncle/friend Elder Neeley

No comments:

Post a Comment