Tuesday, February 28, 2012

New Companion from Idaho


Dear family,
 
            We confirmed Alma Contreras yesterday after a fantastic stak conference.  President Gelwix and a member of the 70, Elder Haney, spoke and it was amazing.  I wish so bad that I would have listened to all the talks of all the conferences I have watched in my life because I have come to realize that the messages are inspired and have something specifically for me.  The Church is true!  We didn't have the other baptism of Anabelly but we are still working with her and she will be baptized soon.  We found another family of 4 who also seem very solid and we are excited for them.  They are the friend of a recent convert and they came on a church tour and the Spirit was strong and one said they would get baptized. 

            I have my new companion now and his name is Elder Hafen.  He is from Idaho Falls and he is awesome.  He works very hard and is very humble.  His spanish is not too bad at all for being brand new and we get along just fine.  My spanish I think has gotten really good and I would consider myself fluent in Spanish.  I really love to speak the language especially now that it isn't something I have to think about but just comes naturally.

            I also just wanted to share something about the stake conference that President Gelwix and Elder Haney of the 70 talked about.  They talked about inviting people and inviting and inviting and inviting haha.  Elder Haney said that we just need to do what we are already good at.  The Lord wants to use our talents as we have them to spread the Gospel.  He said we need to do 2 things and that is pretty much it, and they are: 1)make our house a temple, just like the celestial room i.e. clean, read scriptures every day(personal and family) and say prayers every day(personal and family) and 2)we just need to invite our friends over for dinner and then invite them again for dinner and keep doing it.  Mom you are VERY good at cooking and the Lord wants to use that talent.  Just keep cooking and invite our neighbors and friends.  Invite the Hansens and invite them again!  They WILL feel the Spirit and eventually will ask questions and open up to the Gospel without even us as members "pushing" it upon them.

           I absolutely love my mission and I LOVE being a missionary.  I think I did a pretty good job as a younger kid being an example to my friends of the Gospel but I regret so much not INVITING my friends to do more things.  I don't mean going up and saying "hey (name) do you want to get baptized?", although that would be good I don't even mean that.  I just wish I would have taken every opportunity to invite all my friends AND acquaintances(sorry for spelling) to come to mutual or to dinner or scouts or church or a church dance, anything!  I just wish I would have and I plead that EVERYONE in our family and especially the youth will not pass up one opportunity to invite their friends to do something.  They want the Gospel and they KNOW it is true.  Their testimony though is covered by forgetfullness of the veil and sin, tradition and fear.  You just need to invite them to do something where they will feel the Spirit, who will remind them of their testimony of this Gospel.  Please go out this week and every single member of our family and invite atleast one person to do something to feel the Spirit.  I love you all and promise as a representative of Christ that you will feel the Savior's love in your life as you do so and you will, through effort, help others to come to the Gospel and have the same happiness we have.  Please everyone send me an email and tell me how your invitations went.  I love you all so much and greatful everyday to know we can and will live together forever through honoring our convenants.  I pray for you always and am greatful for the letters, prayers, and love that you all offer me.  I LOVE YOU!!!!     P.S. Grandma I have gotten your letters and I love them and appreciate them.  Tambien Tio Keith te amo y que bueno que ustedes bautizaron en los rios y el mar.  Esta es una cosa que yo quiero hacer pero no pienso que es posible para mi en mi mision. Te amo!
 
-Love your son/brother/grandson/nephew/cousin/uncle/friend Elder Neeley

No comments:

Post a Comment