Monday, February 6, 2012

Keeping the Faith


Dear family,
 
        The camcorder charger is in the mail as of today and is on way to your house and from there you can give it to the Weeks family.  Give them my apology and let them know I am reeeeeeeeally sorry.

         This past week has had some really great stuff and some not so great things happen.  We were able to set a baptismal goal with a lady named America (yes like the United States of...) and she just needs to get married but she is awesome and really interested we are excited for her.  There are two other people that are going to get baptized this month of Feburary and they are both really great too.  They are named Alma, a 60 year old single lady, and Anabelly, a 17 year old who is going through so really tough times and has a boyfriend(problem).  But they are both also really solid.  Also this past Thursday a man from Salt Lake came to the mission and he is from the missionary department of the MTC and he went out for the night with us to have dinner and visit people and it went really well.  The next day he and another brother from Salt Lake who went out with some other missionaries gave us training on different ways to be a better missionary and it was great.

         They bad news this week is that the Santiesteban family were so close to accepting a baptismal date and the daughters want to but the parents just aren't ready yet.  They said they want to keep coming to church and said we can stop by if we want but they just don't know when they are going to be ready.  They have told us they know it is true and they have explained how they can feel the Spirit at church and when they read and when we are there but they said that they aren't ready and it is just really hard because we love them.  We really just love them and they know it and are not accepting it.  I know the Lord has a plan though and they will be baptized.  This is just a trial and I know that there is always a trial for the greatest of blessings.  Satan always works harder it seems on those really big steps we take and the amount of potential we have to do good.  I have a testimony it will all work out through faith and hope which are both principles of action.  I really do love this work and it is the best thing that I could be doing and I am more greatful everyday to be here.

           The weather here is in the high 60's during the day and 40's at night.  They said that this is a dryer and warmer summer than usual so maybe it will cool down a little as more rain comes.  There is a huge difference in the shade and when the sun is actually out.  Also that is great that you are all doing that marathon.  You will need to let me know how that goes.  Also I am writing people back today because I do want to and I am making more time for it.  I have wrote a letter to Matt and have more to go after this email.  I hope you are all still taking every opportunity you get to share the gospel and to work your hardest to be missionaries every day.  Pray every night to know who you can reach out to and the Lord will show you who in you life you can share the Gospel with.   I love you all so much and you are all great examples to me.  I pray for you all every night and I love you and miss you and appreciate all you do for me!  Love you soooooooo much!!
 
-Love your son/brother/grandson/nephew/cousin/uncle/friend Elder Neeley

No comments:

Post a Comment