Monday, April 9, 2012

"Have much to learn, you do, young Elder"

April 2, 2012

Dear family,
           Things in Fresno are going well and we had our two other baptisms of Jenny and Iridian so all 4 total were baptize this week and they are so happy and doing so well.  They came and watched conference as well as one lady who is going to be baptized on April 22nd with her kids and another man and his son came who are investigating but don't have a baptismal date set yet.  We are going to set it with him tomorrow.  His name is Enrique and his son's name is Enrique as well.  The lady who has a date set is named Alejandra.

            I really liked the letter that you sent me Mom.  Don't feel bad that you can't write me all the time because I know you are busy and more importantly I know you love me and that this 2 years is going by faster that I could have imagined.  We have another transfer this Wednesday and I am staying here in the Echo ward for atleast one more transfer which will be about til my birthday and Mother's day (which I will be calling home for so I hope you are all excited for that again!!).  I am still in the training process of Elder Hafen of Idaho Falls.  He is a great missionary but as Uncle Keith would say "He still has much to learn young Elder."  He works very hard and I enjoy being his companion.

           Also General Conference was awesome!  I thought every talk was so good and I learned a ton.  I really can't wait for the Ensign to come out with all the messages in it.  I hope you all took a lot away and hope that you will be putting it in to practice imediately.  They talked so much about families and parenting and I am sure you all learned a ton because I did.

           I am sure the beach will be lots of fun and I hope you send pictures as mine are going to be on their way.  That is crazy too that the family reunion will be coming up again so soon.  You will have to get me another shirt from that one that I can wear every week to sports like I do with the one I have.

           Uncle Keith that is pretty crazy as well that you are being released cause you have been there for a LONG time and I loved having you as my Scout master.  I think my Dad should be the name you submit to the Bishop for the next scout master haha.  I am sure that there are other callings and service in store for you ahead.

            Well I hope all is going well as you indicated it is and I hope you are all being missionaries every single day.  There are so many people prepared that you know and don't know.  They need you and I hope dearly you never pass up the opportunities and that you are seeking the opportunities.  The Lord will bless you to know what to say and what to do and you will find yourself doing and saying things you thought were beyond you.  I love you all so dearly and appreciate all you do for me and all the prayers you offer for me.  I never want this missionary experience to end and yet it seems to comes faster every week.  I thank you for everything and love you so much!
-Love your son/brother/grandson/nephew/cousin/uncle/friend Elder Neeley 

No comments:

Post a Comment