Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter


Dear family,
 
               Happy Easter to all of you!  I am sure the beach was great for those of you who went and I enjoyed my Easter here sharing the Gospel and eating the Easter candy that you sent me.  Thanks again for that, it is delicious.  In other news we have some baptisms coming up this month but they are not as solid as the ones we have had in the past so we need to work even harder and help these people to recognize the Spirit and make those commitments that will bring them closer to Christ and recieving eternal life.  One lady is named Alejandra and she smokes and has an ex husband who still kind of lives there with her and their kids and he (the ex husband) hates us and doesn't want us around.  She is awesome and wants to be baptized and so do her kids but there are some large obstacles in her path.  The wonderful thing is that there is nothing in the world greater and that has more power than the Atonement of Christ.  There is no obstacle too big to be swallowed up by that infinite loving sacrifice.

              As well we are teaching a man named Enrique and he is amazing.  He came to General Conference with his son and then the next time we came to his house he had been reading through the Book of Mormon as well as on LDS.org and watching the Saturday Conference in Spanish that he missed.  He is a "searcher" as we like to say here in the California Fresno Mission.  His only hold up is he just feels like he hasn't gotten the answer he is looking for yet.  He said "I am looking for something and I haven't found it yet but I know it is in that book (pointing to the Book of Mormon).

              I hope that you are all still being missionaries every single day.  Pray every day to have people put in your path and to know how you can invite them to feel the Spirit.  Reach out to all around you and follow the Holy Ghost.  You ALL know a "searcher", now just go and be a "finder".  I can't wait to talk to you on Mother's Day/my birthday andl I hope you all have great missionary experiences to share with me because I am going to ask you.  Repent and do better everyday.  I love you so much and thank you for all that you do for me and the awesome support that you are to me.  I pray for you and love you dearly.
 
-Love your son/brother/grandson/nephew/cousin/uncle/friend Elder Neeley

No comments:

Post a Comment