Sunday, July 8, 2012

Busy Being the Zone Leader


Dear family,
 
              It is good to hear that everything is going great so far with the cruise in Alaska and that you got to see Uncle Bob and Ryan.  I bet it is beautiful up there in Alaska.  Is it really cold there or is it warm enough since it is summer right now.  Here in Ceres  it is cooler than Fresno but it still got up to 105 the other day.  Today though it is not too bad with a light breeze that cools things down.  Also do you get to see any whales or anything on the cruise cause that would be so awesome!  Take some pictures for me if you do.

             We are super busy since being a Zone Leader.  We have appartment checks this week so we have to drive all over the Turlock Zone to see all the different appartments and make sure no one is living in filth.  As well on Wednesday we have to make sure everything goes well with transfers and then on Friday we go to Fresno for Zone Leader Council.  It is busy but I love being able to serve and help others to succeed.  I think that is the real key to happiness.  Just focusing on others makes me so happy and completely forget my own problems which aren't as stressful as we make them out to be sometimes.

              We are also going to be splitting the Branch with Sister missionaries because the work is going so well.  So we have to find a house for them in 2 days before they transfer here or 2 missionaries will be living with us and the Sisters will be in their home until we can get them a place to stay until the 25th of July.  Because then a Senior couple in our Zone finishes their mission and the Sisters are going to move in there.

              We just had a baptism yesterday of Jose Cabrera and he is doing so good.  He is getting confirmed next Sunday and will get the Priesthood and then when his friend Ivan gets married and baptized Jose will baptize him.  It is very exciting and our next baptism is this next Sunday of a lady named Maria Duarte who is in her 60's or 70's and she is so nice and funny.  She lives by herself and has like 6 dogs and she has a son in prison.  She has had some tough times but she is very excited to be baptized.  She is the friend of a recent convert of about a month who introduced her to the gospel as well.  The work is going awesome here.

                I still have my same companions Elder Burnett and Elder DeWitt.  Elder DeWitt is awaiting his visa and it can come any day now they say so we don't know how much longer he will be waiting to go to Argentina.  Elder Burnett has 2 transfers left (about 3 months) and so he will probably finish his mission here but we don't know.  Also we have had a few zone meetings which are just the Zone and I have always done training in those because they are ran by us as Zone Leaders.  With Zone Conference (which is multiple zones) I have not done any training cause it is usually just President and some guest people or counselors of the mission presidency.

               I love you all so much and I love being a missionary.  I know I tell you every week but I do love it so much.  I am so greatful for the time I have here and try to work my hardest to make it count.  I love it!  I have felt the Spirit so strong and I have learned so much more about my Heavenly Father and how good of a relationship I can have with Him.  He knows us and is a real person like you and me.  It is wonderful the changes I have been make in my life as I learn more about the Gospel and come closer to my Saviour.  Go be a missionary every day so that you can feel this joy that I feel every day of my life.  I love you and pray for you.
 
-Love your son/brother/grandson/nephew/cousin/uncle/friend Elder Neeley

No comments:

Post a Comment