Sunday, December 2, 2012

Attention! Extension Ahead! :)

November 19th, 2012
Dear family,
            This past Sunday I got to confirm the girl who got baptized the Sunday previous and as well I got to bless the sacrament for the first time in spanish because we were a little short on priesthood when the meeting started so they asked me to help and it was a great experience.  It was interesting to really think about what I was doing where as when I was a priest I would just tear the bread as fast as I could and almost race the other priest.  As I thought about the Saviour dying and suffering I really felt the Spirit strongly and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had in sacrament meeting.

            This Saturday we should be having 2 baptisms and 2 more on Sunday so we are very excited about that.  We will send pictures and all the goods.

            We taught this one family about not worshipping saints and we read in Mosiah about the 10 commandments and told them we only pray to God.  They later told us that other people had come before and any time they told them that the saints were bad they had just tossed them out but since we read from the Book of Mormon about it and they felt the Spirit and accepted it completely.  They then followed by throwing down on their own catholic religion and they think it is apostate now by their own doing.  It was just neat to see how the Book of Mormon softened their heart and allowed them to accept something they had rejected so many times before only cause they felt the Spirit through the Lord's scriptures.

            Ok now for some different thoughts.  I would like to extend my mission and I want you to move my defferal for BYU til the fall instead of the summer so that I can extend for a month, get home at the end of June and then have 2 more months to spend with you all.  That way we would have a little more time together and I could extend my mission for a little longer that I may help the Lord.  I have prayed and talked to my mission President and I know this is what the Lord wants.  I know that I can change even more lives and help a lot more people by helping missionaries become who they should be.  A missionary recently extended and from the reports of the mission Presiendent, he saved that missionary's mission and life.  He was able to be an instrument in the Lord's hands to change that missinaries life.  I want to serve the Lord that way.  I will have all my life to go to school and do those other things which are important but I will only have this time to be a fully consecrated missionary and representative of the Lord Jesus Christ.  Please let me do this.  I love you and ask you to pray about this and let me know for next monday.  I love you all so much!!!
-Love Elder Neeley  ps i will make an email for the ward next week.  LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment