Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Upcoming Christmas Call

Dear family,

So first and foremost we had a baptism this past week and I will be printing pictures today and sending them home as well as our Christmas card from the missionaries in the ward we are serving in. The young man who was baptized is named Alan Garcia and he is 18 years old and so awesome! His dad baptized him and it was a super spiritual experience. He is teaching his girlfriend with us and is talking about his mission and baptizing his sisters and serving the sacrament. He is amazing and the Holy Ghost and this message of the true Gospel on the earth has changed him. This work even though difficult, is more than worth every single minute and I love it. About the call this Sunday!!!! There will NOT be any pre-call on Saturday but on Sunday YOU WILL CALL ME at 4pm your time. Don't worry if you are a little late or don't get a hold of me right away. These are our plans but if something goes wrong, don't lose it or panic or anything like that. We will get to talk no matter what. 

I can't wait to talk to you all!! I love you so much and am looking forward to it but I am not losing a focus on why I am here or what I need to be doing. I love you all a ton. Today (Tuesday) was my preparation day because we got to go to the Temple today and it was fantastic. I love getting to go there and feeling the Spirit because it is not quite the same anywhere else. This Christmas Eve we get to watch a movie and we will be watching Tangled. Then we are going to a family's house for dinner and they will be having a big party there. To answer your question Dad if it is different, Mexican people only really celebrate the 24th and it is litterally an all day party of food, family, and presents(probably in that order haha, I am kidding). But there is a lot of food. Then on the 25th they just relax and don't do anything than just eat left over food and stuff like that. !!!!!! Dad if you could tell Ruth your daughter, my sister, that I got her letter and am sending her response back today. It will be there before Christmas.!!!!!!!! That is pretty much it from here in Fresno. I miss you all a ton and I know that this is where I need to be. I love being a missionary so much.

When I first got here I worked hard but I didn't really love it haha but for the last few months and now I can truly say that I LOVE my mission and more importantly love the Lord and love sharing that fact that anyone and everyone can and needs to use His sacrifice to be clean and happy for ever and ever. I know we will be together forever with out a doubt in my mind. We must be faithful to our covenants and we will always be a family. I know this is true just as we are living. I am so thankful for all the gifts I got from everone (haven't openned them yet) and more importantly all the love and the example that you all are to me. I love each of you and think and pray for each of you individually daily because you have all done so much for me and I want you to know that. I love you and can't say it enough. Merry Christmas to all of you!! Remember and be as the Savior is and wants you to be. -

Love your son/brother/grandson/nephew/cousin/uncle/friend Elder Neeley

PS I have noted now the spelling of Bishopric hahaha. My spelling is AWFUL since learning Spanish and I don't know why haha. LOVE YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment