Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas is Coming...


Dear family,
 
       It is great to hear everyone is doing so well and that everyone is getting prepared for Christmas.  Here in Fresno we have all our plans pretty much set up and it looks like we are going to have a great Christmas.  The work in this area is going really well and we love the work here.  Dad as for Christmas Eve I do not know when we are going to call but I will let you know as soon as I know.  Just keep your phone with you that day and if you don't pick up when I call you I will try ever couple hours to get you again so don't worry if you miss it or something.  The Lord will make sure we figure it out.  By the way did you know that Mexican people don't even really celebrate the 25th but the 24th is the holiday for them.  They all get together and have a huge dinner and open presents and stay up all night and then the 25th they just relax and eat left overs from the day before haha.  So we look forward to just relaxing a little on our Christmas and eating and talking.

         I really enjoy being a trainer and working with Elder Worthen.  He is a great missionary and we work hard and the Lord blesses this area we are in a TON.  We see miracles every day and it is awesome.  The Church is so true that sometimes I wonder why everyone is not jumping in the water and staying completely active forever.  Sure it is hard but there really is nothing like the Holy Ghost and feeling a calm assurance that everything will be ok through faith and obedience.  I love being a missionary and I know it has changed me and I know will continue to change me.  Not in a bad or weird way but I know I am closer to my older brother Jesus Christ and my Father in heaven.  I realized that to be a good missionary I must change because that is what I teach people: change.  None of us are perfect and we must all change and my mission especially must be a "point of no return" or my "Ebenezer".

             I love you all so much and know that you are all doing great and doing great missionary work and it makes me so proud and it sets such a good example for me to work hard and do the best I can every day.  Love your missionaries.  I hope all is well and keep you in my prayers.  Sarah I got your letter and Christmas card and it was wonderful!!  I also have 3 packages on the way so I am excited about that.  Mom and Dad I look forward to your Christmas card and my pictures have been sent so they should be there today or tomorrow if not already.  I get to go to the temple on Tuesday the 20th so I am excited for that and it is really cool Uncle Keith that you are doing sessions in Spanish and you better brush up if you are rusty cause we are speaking when I get home!  The work is good and so is the food.  You are all in my prayers and I love you all so much!  Thank you for all you do and all the prayers my way.  JoAnna I hope you can go get some other deer then and that you have a great Christmas with your family.  Tell Ryan I say hi and I love him and ton and he better be going to church!
 
  -Love your son/brother/grandson/nephew/cousin/uncle/friend Elder Neeley

No comments:

Post a Comment